Recipe by littlemafia
From koreanrecipes.org.If spicy is not your thing,don't boil it for that long.Just a little simmer to get it just the way you like it.Koreans eat very spicy food so I'm not surprised by boiling it for 25-30 minutes.Even though I love hot food,for me even the 15 minutes was too much.I suggest to taste it and turn off the heat when is suites your taste.
- fresh ginger, 80 g
- cinnamon, pieces- 20 g
- water, 8 cups
- 4 -5 pine nuts (Optional (just before you serve the tea)
- 1 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the ginger well
- Rinse the cinnamon in cold water.
- Thin slice the ginger.
- Put the ginger, cinnamon, and water into a pot.
- Boil it on medium (or low) heat for about 25-30 minutes.
- Sieve the ginger and cinnamon. (Use a white straining cloth if you can, to catch the small dirt from the cinnamon).
- Serve it in a tea cup. (You can also add some pine nuts and honey).