Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From an International Cookbook I got rid of years ago. This is the only recipe we liked. It makes a whole lot of sauce, which can be halved or else saved to dress other Asian style dishes and salads.
- 3⁄4 lb white fish fillet
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 beaten egg
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pine nuts
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- Rinse fish, dry well, cut into equal size serving pieces. Rub with lemon, let sit 10 minutes. Dry fish again, season. Dredge lightly in flour, dip in egg, fry 5 minutes each side ‘til golden brown all over.
- Dissolve sugar in hot water, add remaining sauce ingredients. Spoon sauce onto plates, place fish pieces in center, add garnishes.