Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
We like this dipping sauce with grilled beef or chicken. I'm thinking it would also be good as a dip for grilled shrimp.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar in a small bowl.
- In a small, heavy, dry skillet over medium heat, add the sesame seeds and stir until they darken a bit.
- Remove and crush seeds.
- Add to soy mixture with sugar and scallions.
- You can double, triple, quadruple this recipe as desired.
I made this to go along with some Vietnamese Spring Rolls. It was a very good sauce and we all enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
Great! Really quick to put together and I loved it along with some boiled Tiger Prawns. Also dipped some lettuce and celery sticks in it and it really livened those up as well.
I am sorry to say that we just didn't really care for this dipping sauce. I was hoping that the sesame oil wouldn't be the strongest flavor and mingle a bit with the rice vinegar and soy, but unfortunately, all I could taste was the sesame oil. I might make this again without the sesame oil though - or very VERY little of it...