Recipe by mykomericankitchen
One of my favorite Banchan (side dishes). Danmuji are a bright yellow colored pickled radish, which you can almost always find in Kimbap or served with Chinese food in Korea. Danmuji itself can be bought at Asian grocery markets as well as Gochugaru, the Korean Red Pepper Flakes. This recipe is for preparing it as a side dish at home.
- 3 cups pickled daikon, sliced half cut, Danmuji
- 2 tablespoons korean red chili pepper flakes, Gochugaru
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix together making sure that each radish slice is coated evenly with the red pepper.
- Danmuji should be drained from it's packaged juice, however it is optional to add a small amount of the juice (less than a Tablespoon).
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week and a half.