Prep 30 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Got this from Cooking Light a couple of years ago. It's phenomenal!
- 1 large English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine cucumber and sea salt, tossing well. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Drain and squeeze dry.
- Combine cucumber, green onions, rice vinegar, crushed red pepper, and sesame oil.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This didn't have the fresh taste I was hoping for. I think I just don't like the taste of the sesame oil. Wouldn't make again.
Yum! I love the heat from the red pepper flakes and the sesame oil and rice vinegar go very well together. Thanks.