- 1 (12 ounce) English cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse, peel (if desired) and thinly slice English cucumber.
- In a bowl, mix cucumber with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Let stand until cucumber is wilted, about 45 minutes.
- Rinse and drain; squeeze excess liquid from cucumber and return to rinsed bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar, 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
- Shortly before serving, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.