Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe from Cooking Light, this dish would be wonderful for those hot summer days. Watch the crushed red pepper as it has a good zip! Use a madoline or food processor to slice the cucumber uniformly thin.
- 3 1⁄2 cups English cucumbers, sliced (about 1 large)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- fish sauce (optional)
- Combine cucumber and salt, tossing well. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Drain and squeeze dry.
- Combine cucumber, onions, rice vinegar, sugar, crushed red pepper, and sesame oil.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Perfect! Great taste! So easy to make! I did not use fish sauce.