Recipe by Shalabhanjika
A spicy, easy-to-make chicken soup I found on Recipe Source.
Top Review by reneeumiami
This was a very good, basic soup. We like spicy food, so I think I'll double the chili paste next time. I used brown basmati rice, and Thai red curry chili paste. A few fresh basil leaves and/or a splash of lemon juice might be a fun addition.
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 8 cups chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kochujang or other chili paste
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, garlic and ginger; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add rice and reduce the heat to med-low; simmer until the rice is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil. Add chile paste to taste.
- Add chicken and heat until warmed through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.