A spicy, easy-to-make chicken soup I found on Recipe Source.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 8 cups chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kochujang or other chili paste
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1In a large pot, combine chicken broth, garlic and ginger; bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add rice and reduce the heat to med-low; simmer until the rice is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 3Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil. Add chile paste to taste.
- 4Add chicken and heat until warmed through.
- 5Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 1137.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g