Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this soup in one of my Korean cookbooks. I love it with cornbread. I know, I know...cornbread is so NOT Korean! LOL!
- 1 small whole chicken
- 6 cups water
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large green onions or 1 large leek, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook chicken in the water for one hour.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for another 1/2 hour.
- Take out the chicken and remove the skin and bones; discard. Cut the meat into bite size pieces and return to the cooking pot.
- Heat through and serve.
This was very good. I loved how it was just a few ingredients. I added a bit more soy sauce. And served it over white rice. Even the kiddos loved it. Thank you for sharing. :)
Very, very simple to make and tastes so yummy...espcially with the cornbread like she said!