2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Vicarjane in Western MA's Note:
Marinated chicken cooked with gochu jang (korean red pepper paste) available at asian markets. I found this recipe on the internet @ myEthnicWorld.com and we love it. I make it regularly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs skinless chicken pieces, loose skin and fat discarded
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons korean red pepper paste (less for a milder dish)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Cut the chicken into 3-inch pieces.
- 2Divide the wings.
- 3Mix the chicken with the sugar and marinate for an hour.
- 4(I used boneless breast and a Zip-Lock bag works well)
- 5Mix together the other seasonings (all but the water) and marinate for another hour or more.
- 6Pour the water into a pan and bring to a boil. Add the chicken and the marinade and simmer, covered, for 1/2 hour over low heat, stirring occasionally. This will be enough to cook the chicken and evaporate most of the liquid.
- 7Serve warm with rice, salads, and kimchi.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Chicken in Hot Chili Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 774.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
korean red pepper paste