Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Possibly my favorite Korean Dish. Almost restaraunt quality.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round roast
- 3 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, roasted
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 5 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 Asian pear (can substitute with a Kiwi)
- 1 onion
- 1Freeze the meat just slightly to make slicing easier. Slice into bacon thin slices.
- Place the meat slices in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with splenda and mix with hands.
- Let this sit for about 20 minutes.
- Mix onion & Asian Pear in blender until liquid, pour into small bowl.
- Mix soy sauce, splenda, black pepper, sesame oil, cooking wine, vinegar and garlic.
- Cut green onion into 2 to 3 inch pieces and put in meat mixture.
- Combine all three mixtures and mix with hands.
- Refrigerate at least two hours.
- Grill the meat in the broiler until it's slightly charred.