Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this on Allrecipes.com and made a few adjustments. My family loved it!
- 1814.36 g flanken short ribs
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 73.94 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml mirin
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame seeds
- 29.58 ml garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, grated
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Asian pear, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- Cut ribs in between the bones into 2 to 3 inch pieces and rinse under cold water.
- Mix all ingredients together, except the ribs, in a large bowl.
- Put ribs in a heavy bottom pot and pour the liquid mixture over the ribs and mix well. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to a low simmer and cover pot with lid. Check and stir every 20 minutes or so to make sure all pieces of ribs are covered in sauce.
- Cook for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with steamed rice.