Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this on Allrecipes.com and made a few adjustments. My family loved it!
Make and share this Korean Braised Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs flanken short ribs
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, grated
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Asian pear, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- Cut ribs in between the bones into 2 to 3 inch pieces and rinse under cold water.
- Mix all ingredients together, except the ribs, in a large bowl.
- Put ribs in a heavy bottom pot and pour the liquid mixture over the ribs and mix well. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to a low simmer and cover pot with lid. Check and stir every 20 minutes or so to make sure all pieces of ribs are covered in sauce.
- Cook for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with steamed rice.