11 hrs 30 mins
America's Test Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs bone-in english-style short ribs, meat and bones separated
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, and chopped coarse
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1Note--To remove the meat from the bones, insert a knife between the rib and meat, staying as close to the bone as possible, and saw the meat off the bone.
- 2Arrange beef bones in a dish and microwave (in batches if microwave is small) until well browned, 10-15 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- 3Process pear, soy sauce, garlic, scallions, ginger, and vinegar in food processor until smooth, about 1 minute; transfer to slow cooker.
- 4Stir broth and tapioca into slow cooker.
- 5Season short ribs with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- 6Cover and cook until beef is tender, 9-11 hours on LOW or 5-7 hours on HIGH.
- 7Transfer short ribs to serving platter and tent loosely with foil.
- 8Let braising liquid settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon.
- 9Remove bones and season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Stir in cilantro.
- 11Spoon 1 cup sauce over short ribs and serve with remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Braised Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2078.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: