Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious stir-fry that makes a one-dish meal. :)
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 226.79 g cellophane noodles
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach
- 425.24 g can straw mushrooms, drained
- 7.39 ml minced garlic
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced carrot
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced zucchini
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 44.37 ml sugar
- cooking oil
- Brown meat in wok; crumble and cook until done; set aside.
- Soak noodles in very hot water for 5-10 minutes; cut into 3-4 inch lengths.
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain; rinse in cold water and drain again, squeezing dry.
- In a wok over med-high heat, stir-fry garlic, zucchini, onions, green onions, and carrots in small amount of oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir in meat, noodles, spinach, and straw mushrooms.
- Add sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, and sugar, mixing well.
- Heat through and serve.
I agree that this was bland. We added soy sauce at the table, but it didn't really help much. I was disappointed because I really liked the noodles (my first time trying cellophane noodles) and the combination of vegetables. I don't know how to fix the sauce so I wouldn't make this again. I had to use a large metal Dutch oven to make this because I don't have a wok. Because of this I needed to use quite a bit of oil and the noodles still stuck a bit.
This recipe was simple to make and was an ok middle of the week quick meal. But, it was very bland. After tasting it, I doubled the soy sauce and sugar which made it good not great.
Simply yummy! I used ground turkey and fresh mushrooms instead of canned, and I only had rice noodles, but it was still very good. My boyfriend loved it, too! I made it as a surprise for him, because Chap Jae is one of his favorites. Thanks for a great recipe!