Recipe by Pinay0618
I love this recipe, packed with baby spinach and bean sprouts. Can be served over rice or rice noodles. Recipe is from Eating Well.
- 44.37 ml mirin
- 2 tablespoonsreduced-sodium soy sauce
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 226.79 g flank steaks, trimmed of fat and very thinly sliced against the grain
- 14.79 ml chopped garlic
- 9.85 ml chopped jalapeno peppers
- 7.39 ml chopped fresh ginger
- 946.36 ml mung bean sprouts
- 170.09 g bag Baby Spinach
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 4.92 ml toasted sesame oil
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mirin, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spread steak out in the pan and cook until seared on one side, about 1 minute. Add garlic, jalapeno and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add bean sprouts and spinach (the pan will be very full). Pour the mirin mixture into the pan and stir gently until the sauce thickens and the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro and sesame oil. Serve topped with sesame seeds (if using).