I've been making this dish for years and it never fails to draw rave reviews. Using a good cut of meat is key, so it will be very tender. I use beef tenderloin or sirloin (choice at the minimum). The longer you marinate the beef the better the flavor (over night at a minimum). Cooking time does not include time to marinate.
- Cut tenderloin or sirloin beef up into big chunks (2" x 2" cubes). Score 1/4' deep all sides with a sharp knife (several slices per side). Using a two prong fork, pierce the meet repeatedly on all sides (3 or 4 times per side). This will allow the juices to work their way deep into the meat.
- Chop the scallions (just the white part) and mince the garlic.
- Add all the ingrediences together and pour over the meat in a non-reactive container. I use a large zip lock bag.
- Marinate the meet for at least 12 hrs (24 is best).
- Place the meat on skewers with your choice of veggies in between. I like onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
- Grill over hot coals turning occasionally and brushing often with remaining marinade. Cook to desired doneness.