1/5 Photos of Korean Beef Bulgogi in Lettuce Wraps
This recipe is another winner from Toronto Star - we made it tonight and just loved it. A fun way to have the kids eat their lettuce, too. Beef needs to marinate 2-12 hours, so plan ahead when making this meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup onion, peeled and pureed
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons white wine (rice wine) or 2 teaspoons mirin (rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 black pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs flank steaks (other steak such as marinating beef, rib eye etc will also work)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (or other leaf lettuce)
- toasted sesame seeds
- roasted whole garlic clove
- red pepper paste or hot sauce
- 1Combine first 9 ingredients (soy - black pepper).
- 2Slice the steaks across the grain into thin slices.
- 3Place beef in resealable ziplock bag and pour soy mixture over. Let marinate in refridgerator for 2-12 hours, turning bag occoationally.
- 4Heat large non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high to high heat. Pour beef and marinade into the skilled and cook until mixture is almost dry, 6-8 minute
- 5Toast sesame seeds and garlic in hot pan.
- 6(We had quite a bit of marinade left and it was wonderful spooned over some white rice).
- 7Serve with lettuce leaves, toasted sesame seeds and toasted garlic cloves and perhaps some hot sauce if you like it hot.
- 8You roll the beef and condiments up in the lettuce leaf and eat like a roll with your hands.
- 9Serve with white rice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Beef Bulgogi in Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.7
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 128.5 mg
- Sodium 950.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: