Top Review by nisha66
I would've given this 5 stars if there was a "complete" recipe. I had to assume all of the ingredients would be added all at once in the ziploc bag. I don't cook daily so I also had to figure out that mirin rice wine is known as "sweet cooking rice seasoning". I was a little worried about how it would turn out, but thank you to everyone else that posted their reviews. The reviews convinced me to go out on a limb. It turned out GREAT!! I deviated some from the recipe. I tripled the recipe because I wanted extra sauce to pour over the rice. I used light soy sauce and chopped instead of minced ginger (had a hard time finding minced). I marinated the meat for at least 8 hours and poured the marinade in a separate pot until I finished cooking the meat, then poured it over the meat and let it boil a little. I will definitely make this again.
- 473.18 ml steamed jasmine rice
- 453.59 g top sirloin steak, cut into 1/16 th in. strips
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml mirin (rice wine)
- 4.92 ml bottled minced ginger
- 4.92 ml dark sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- To cut beef at 1/16th of an inch, it is easier if the meat is partially frozen.
- Combine brown sugar through garlic in a large zip-lock bag and stir.
- Add the beef slices and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat and add beef, discarding remaining marinade.
- Cook approximately 8 minutes turning frequently, or until desired degree of doneness.
- If you prefer to grill, place a wire grilling basket coated with cooking spray on grill rack, and grill 8 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve over jasmine rice.