Recipe by Suzette Smith
A great tasting marinated Korean beef recipe. A Korean family game me the recipe when we were stationed in Hawaii. My family loves it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round roast
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes, for a little extra zing
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Freeze the meat for about an hour to make slicing easier.
- Slice into thin slices.
- Rub the sugar on the beef. If you don't have sugar you can also use a kiwi.
- Let the meat rest for about 5 minutes.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a pan for a minute or two.
- Then add the remaining ingredients. I use a ziplock bag and rotate it in the fridge every 2-3 hours The longer it marinates the better it tastes. You can let it marinate at room temperature for about an hour or if you have time in the fridge over night.
- You can either sear the beef in a frying pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or put in on the gill.
- You can serve with white sticky rice and kimchi for a tasty meal!