Recipe by DonnaRose
This is a family recipe my mom made for years. A Korean friend stopped by one day while it was cooking and said it's the real McCoy!
Top Review by dr.momde47
Excellent. My husband loved this. I added a little red pepper in addition to the cayenne pepper and then a pinch of brown sugar to soften it a bit. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or 2 tablespoons other oil
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, and top sliced
- 1 lb chuck boneless beef cube
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in container to marinate.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (if time is short, go for at least 8 hours).
- To barbeque (best), BBQ on high heat one minute each side.
- Or indoors, get skillet (iron is best) very hot.
- Toss in meat and cook over high heat 2 minutes each side.
- Quick fry the onions and add marinade.
- Serve over rice cooked as usual using two cups uncooked rice.