Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is a family recipe my mom made for years. A Korean friend stopped by one day while it was cooking and said it's the real McCoy!
- Mix all ingredients in container to marinate.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (if time is short, go for at least 8 hours).
- To barbeque (best), BBQ on high heat one minute each side.
- Or indoors, get skillet (iron is best) very hot.
- Toss in meat and cook over high heat 2 minutes each side.
- Quick fry the onions and add marinade.
- Serve over rice cooked as usual using two cups uncooked rice.
Excellent. My husband loved this. I added a little red pepper in addition to the cayenne pepper and then a pinch of brown sugar to soften it a bit. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
Perfect! I cooked it with my very good friend (who is an AMAZING cook) and he totally enjoyed it! Do I need to say more? :)
Yeeowww! This was SPICY!! But we really liked it. I think the only thing I'll change next time is the amount of cayenne. Thanks for a wonderfully flavorful, quick and easy recipe. UPDATE: After making a few other dishes with my newly purchased cayenne, I've realized that it's not necessarily the *amount* of pepper in the recipe but the *potency* of the pepper that I have that was making this so spicy : )