Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Fast & easy, this yummy dish is perfect for the World Tour.
- 1⁄2 lb bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Drop the bean sprouts into boiling water and boil 5 minutes. Drain well. Return to the pan.
- Stir in the salt, sesame seeds, sesame oil, garlic, cayenne, and green onions. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
This turned out great, very tasty! I added 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar for a little tang since this tastes like what our local Korean BBQ uses. We served them at room temperature. Thanks so much for posting.
This is a great basic recipe for bean sprouts! Instead of fresh sprouts I used the canned sprouts (drained them first) that you can find at your local grocery store in the oriental section. I also added a teaspoon of rice vinegar to give it a little tang and serve it chilled. Tastes just like the restaurant sprouts. I love to serve this with cucumber salad, steamed rice, and bulgogi!
I live in Korea and was searching for this particular dish; they serve it in a lot of the recipes as one of the side dishes here, and it's so healthy. PLUS it's very inexpensive, and veggies in Korea still shock me by how pricey they are. Anyhow, it was perfect. Exactly the recipe I was looking for, only it's a cut above the restaurants here with the addition of the pretty green onions and sesame. Thanks for the recipe. Perfect.