Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love this soup at Korean Restaurants! It is hot and spicy and so fast to make. It's best served with rice and kimchi.
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons korean fermented bean paste (Denjang)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dashi, granules
- 1⁄2 tablespoon korean hot pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package soft tofu, cubed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water, denjang, garlic, dashi and gochu jang. Bring to a boil and let boil 2 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, potato, mushrooms and onions and boil for 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Stir in tofu and cook until tofu has expanded and vegetables are tender.
- Best served with rice and kimchi.
Yum!!! I think this is the same soup my Korean friend used to order for me (she and the people at the restaurant spoke so quickly I couldn't follow any of it)... it came in individual bowls and we cracked a raw egg into our boiling bowls of soup... a great addition, in my book. Thanks for posting!
Love this soup! It's so easy to make and is very authentic! Thank you!
This was simple to make and had a very nice flavor.