Mika G.'s Note:
We love this soup at Korean Restaurants! It is hot and spicy and so fast to make. It's best served with rice and kimchi.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons korean fermented bean paste (Denjang)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dashi, granules
- 1/2 tablespoon korean hot pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package soft tofu, cubed
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water, denjang, garlic, dashi and gochu jang. Bring to a boil and let boil 2 minutes.
- 2Stir in zucchini, potato, mushrooms and onions and boil for 5 to 7 minutes more.
- 3Stir in tofu and cook until tofu has expanded and vegetables are tender.
- 4Best served with rice and kimchi.
Browse Our Top Korean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Bean Paste Soup (Chigae)
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.5
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot pepper paste