Recipe by Mika G.
We love this soup at Korean Restaurants! It is hot and spicy and so fast to make. It's best served with rice and kimchi.
Top Review by farrangel
Yum!!! I think this is the same soup my Korean friend used to order for me (she and the people at the restaurant spoke so quickly I couldn't follow any of it)... it came in individual bowls and we cracked a raw egg into our boiling bowls of soup... a great addition, in my book. Thanks for posting!
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons korean fermented bean paste (Denjang)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dashi, granules
- 1⁄2 tablespoon korean hot pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package soft tofu, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water, denjang, garlic, dashi and gochu jang. Bring to a boil and let boil 2 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, potato, mushrooms and onions and boil for 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Stir in tofu and cook until tofu has expanded and vegetables are tender.
- Best served with rice and kimchi.