Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Recipe and photo adapted from Korean Bapsang
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey (or 1-1/3 more tablespoons brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine (or mirin)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Rinse chicken pieces. Trim off excess fat. Cut each of the chicken pieces into small sizes (about 2-inch long and 1-inch wide).
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the marinade. Marinate for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken pieces, reserving the marinade. Cook until cooked through and slightly caramelized, about 2 minutes each side. (The sugar and honey in the marinade will burn easily, so watch it carefully and add the reserved marinade by tablespoon when the pan gets dry. You can slightly reduce the heat to avoid burning, if needed.).