Recipe by marguerite moriarty
Courtesy of San Francisco A La Carte
Top Review by luvcook'n
We both thoroughly enjoyed these short ribs! Cut the recipe in half as it is just the two of us. I used thick short ribs and marinated them for about 4 hours. I wanted to cut the sodium level so I used "recipe #216380" and it worked just great. I barbecued them and they came out juicy and tender. I will be making these again! Thank you for sharing.
- 4 lbs meaty short rib of beef (cut crosswise about a 1/4" thick)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 green onions, and tops minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Make deep cuts in the meat between the ribs so the meat will absorb the marinade.
- Rub well with sugar and oil and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for marinade, pour over ribs and let stand for 1 hour.
- Bake or barbecue, turning and basting frequently with marinade, for 20 to 30 minutes or until meat is cooked.