Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Courtesy of San Francisco A La Carte
Make and share this Korean Barbecued Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs meaty short rib of beef (cut crosswise about a 1/4" thick)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 green onions, and tops minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Make deep cuts in the meat between the ribs so the meat will absorb the marinade.
- Rub well with sugar and oil and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for marinade, pour over ribs and let stand for 1 hour.
- Bake or barbecue, turning and basting frequently with marinade, for 20 to 30 minutes or until meat is cooked.
We both thoroughly enjoyed these short ribs! Cut the recipe in half as it is just the two of us. I used thick short ribs and marinated them for about 4 hours. I wanted to cut the sodium level so I used "Soy Sauce Substitute" and it worked just great. I barbecued them and they came out juicy and tender. I will be making these again! Thank you for sharing.
I thought the sauce for this was wonderful.My husband didn't particularly care for it, he wanted a savory sauce, hence the four stars. Thanks!