Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe is from Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals. I use this all the time for my flank steak and get great reviews. It also can be served with her Hot and Sour Slaw Salad. I didn't include the time for marinating. Recipe calls for 10 minutes and I usually prepare it in the morning and let it sit in the fridge till dinner time.
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, such as McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup tamari, dark soy sauce (regular works also)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- In a shallow dish (or I use a plastic ziploc bag), combine the grill seasoning, tamari, honey, red pepper flakes , garlic, sesame oil, scallions and vegetable oil. Coat the flank steak in the mixture and let it stand for 10 minutes. (I usually do this in the morning and let it sit all day in the fridge.).
- Preheat an indoor electric grill (I use a Foreman grill) or outside grill to medium high. When the grill is screaming hot, add the meat and cook for 5 minutes on each side for medium rare, 7-8 minutes on each side for medium well or to your doneness. (On my Foreman grill it takes about 6-8 minutes for our tastes.).
This was SOOOO Good ! I had Korean BBQ on a trip to Korea years ago and have tried to recreate it. The Flank Steak was cooked on a charcoal grill.
I found a recipe for Korean Scallion Salad and can not wait to add it to this BBQ Flank Steak, a little rice, some of the sauce and wrap it all up in lettuce leaves !
Excellent marinade! I liked the bit of heat the red pepper flakes give it (I also included some of the seeds). I marinated in the fridge about 4 hours. Since it was raining and my Foreman was to small for my steak, I broiled it in the oven. Looking forward to having it grilled on the bbq. I served it with your Recipe #269148. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.