Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is super speedy and very flavorful. I've had it for a long time; I don't remember where I got it from anymore.
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted and ground
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 -4 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Stir or blend all ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Can be served over brown rice or used as a marinade.
You got it from the classic "Diet for a Small Planet", by Frances Moore Lappe. She lists maple syrup as an alternative to honey. It gets tofu-haters to love tofu!
I gave a taste of this to my (Korean) boyfriend without telling him what it was, and he said, "Oh, you made some Korean food!" So it's definitely authentic! :) The honey adds a touch of sweetness that's different but good. This type of sauce can be used for almost anything; I actually served it on tofu, but we've been dipping cucumbers in it, and as mentioned it would be a good marinade. It would also be really tasty on fried dumplings (mandu). Thanks!