Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These Burgers are salty, a little sweet, and super juicy even if you overcook a little (as I am notorious for doing). Top with lettuce and radishes, or rice vinegar and kimchi. From August 2007 Cooking Light magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced peeled gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 6 hamburger buns
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first8 ingredients. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Remove from grill, let stand 5 minutes.
- Grill buns and build burger with desired toppings.
Wow! These knocked our socks off Torrig! Served at our Memorial Day bbq and really appreciated how easy they were to assemble. Used ground turkey and did have to add about 1/4 cup breadcrumbs because it was so moist. Followed the rest of the recipe as is and grilled them up! Everyone agreed they were fantastic...juicy with a little hint of flavor (no one taste overwhelmed the others)...in fact, one diner didn't even realize they were turkey burgers! Will be a staple in our house!