Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Indonesian recipe is said to be very effective against colds during winter or the rainy season.
- 6 tablespoons coffee, coarsely ground
- 3 inches piece ginger, smashed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 1⁄2 ounces palm sugar, coarsely chopped
- Bring coffee, ginger, cinnamon and sugar to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan with 6 cups water.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
I made this today as my morning coffee and it's a delight. Loved the spice flavors and I used Splenda. Houston, we have a keeper! :D