Recipe by 49flavours
A variation of a recipe from "The Kopan Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes from a Tibetan Monestary". It freezes very well and there are many different combinations you could try where it calls for mixed vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces tofu, cubed
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, chopped (try 1 head of cauliflower and 4-5 carrots)
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance margarine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 8 ounces mung bean sprouts
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon ketchup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Add oil to a skillet and fry the tofu until brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- 2) Parboil the mixed vegetables for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- 3) Cook the egg noodles according to package directions and drain. Stir in the margarine and set aside.
- 4) Add oil to a skillet and saute the ginger and onion for 2 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Add the peas and spinach for 1 minute. Add the mixed vegetables for 1 minute. Then add the noodles, soy sauce and spices and mix well for 1 minute.
- 5) Remove from the heat, add the tofu and serve hot.