1/1 Photo of Kopan Chow Mein
A variation of a recipe from "The Kopan Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes from a Tibetan Monestary". It freezes very well and there are many different combinations you could try where it calls for mixed vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces tofu, cubed
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, chopped (try 1 head of cauliflower and 4-5 carrots)
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance margarine
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 8 ounces mung bean sprouts
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon ketchup (optional)
- 11) Add oil to a skillet and fry the tofu until brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- 22) Parboil the mixed vegetables for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- 33) Cook the egg noodles according to package directions and drain. Stir in the margarine and set aside.
- 44) Add oil to a skillet and saute the ginger and onion for 2 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Add the peas and spinach for 1 minute. Add the mixed vegetables for 1 minute. Then add the noodles, soy sauce and spices and mix well for 1 minute.
- 55) Remove from the heat, add the tofu and serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kopan Chow Mein
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 345.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Earth Balance margarine
Braggs liquid aminos