Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a popular Samoana dish sourced from http://village.1samoana.com
Make and share this Kopai - Caramel Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Bring the 2 lotres of water to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer. Place the flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Gradually add the second measure of water and mix to a stiff dough. With a dessert spoon, form small dumplings and drop them individually into the saucepan of hot water. Stir occasionally.
- For the caramel heat the sugar gently in a saucepan until it turns golden, about 5-10 minutes Add a cup of water from the pan the dumplings are inches stirring continuously to prevent lumping. Be careful as it will sputter.
- Pour this caramel in the pan with the dumplings. Stir thoroughly. Simmer the dumplings for 30 minutes
- For the sauce combine the water and cornflour. Add the coconut cream and cinnamon to form a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the dough mixture. Cook on a low heat, stirring continuously, until it thickens. Serve.