Prep 25 mins
Cook 37 mins
This was my mom's recipe that was made when I was a child in the 1950's. I did update the ingredients somewhat since then.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsweetened Kool-Aid (don't use grape flavor)
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and Kool-Aid together.
- Mix the flour mixture alternately with milk to the butter mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 12 minutes.
- KOOL-AID FROSTING:.
- Blend 1 cup powdered sugar with 1/4 teaspoons Kool-Aid powder, then add 1 teaspoon soft butter and 2 tablespoons low fat milk and beat until creamy.
- Spread on cooled cookies.