Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy tie-dyed shirts "recipe" I found in one of my daycare books
- sugar-free Kool-Aid mix
- You'll need small plastic bowls, plastic gloves, rubber bands, and T-shirts.
- Mix 1 package Kool-Aid for each color you want and 1 ounce of vinegar in individual plastic bowls.
- Mix until Kool-Aid is dissolved.
- Using rubber bands, pull and twist T-shirt into different shapes.
- Dip rubber-banded ends in bowls (make sure you wear gloves or your hands will stain).
- To set colors, iron on medium-high using an ironing cloth between shirt and iron.
- Let set for 24 hours before washing.
I bought supplies for an entire Cross Country team of girls, followed all dirctions exactly, the tshirts turned out beautiful; but when we washed them (after ironing to set the color) the color all washed out. What a disappointment.
I did this project with my granddaughters and they turned out beautiful. I followed all the steps exactly. When I washed them all the color washed out. What a great disappointment.
Since one reviewer said the color wasn't vibrant enough, I think I will use two packets to get a more vibrant color.