These are so cool and refreshing on a hot summer day.
Make and share this Kool-Aid Slushies - Slushy Drink recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened Kool-Aid drink mix
- 3 cups ice
- Place 1 cup water, 1/2 cup of your favorite flavor of Kool-Aid and 1 cup ice cubes in a blender container;cover.
- Blend on high speed until smooth. Add additional 2 cups ice cubes; cover. Blend using pulsing action, until smooth.
- Serve immediately. Store leftover slush in the freezer.
- Makes 7 (1/2 cup) servings.
For those who have the sugar free packets, pour the packet into a jar with a lid and add the 1 cup sugar that Kool-Aid recommends, then shake it up. Use 1/2 cup of the combination for this recipe, and save the other 1/2 for another batch later. This is great for helping kids get fevers down! Cools down the body.
I was so surprised to find a slushie recipe here, so out of curiosity I tried them. My children were so excited to have these on a hot summer day and they even commented "it tastes better then the ones we get at the ice cream stand". I made the recipe up as listed and then added another cup of ice. Next time I think I would do 1/3 cool-aid mix and 4 c. ice, but that's just my attempt to reduce the sweetness. The kids like these as is.
I tried this recipe and it was good. I could never get the slushy taste before!