Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are so cool and refreshing on a hot summer day.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened Kool-Aid drink mix
- 3 cups ice
- Place 1 cup water, 1/2 cup of your favorite flavor of Kool-Aid and 1 cup ice cubes in a blender container;cover.
- Blend on high speed until smooth. Add additional 2 cups ice cubes; cover. Blend using pulsing action, until smooth.
- Serve immediately. Store leftover slush in the freezer.
- Makes 7 (1/2 cup) servings.
For those who have the sugar free packets, pour the packet into a jar with a lid and add the 1 cup sugar that Kool-Aid recommends, then shake it up. Use 1/2 cup of the combination for this recipe, and save the other 1/2 for another batch later. This is great for helping kids get fevers down! Cools down the body.
Great recipe. I think that the serving size though should be 2-3 though, and I added half a cup more of ice. It was not to sour or sweet, in fact, it tastes just like when you buy it at places, and it is cheap.