When I lived in Alberta, Canada, there was a lady who sold this play-dough at the local farmer's market. It smelled soooo good, that I decided to try making it myself.
- In a pot, combine water, oil, Kool-Aid, and salt.
- Heat and stir until salt dissolves.
- Add Flour and cream of tartar all at once to above.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until well mixed and dough forms a ball, (this should only take a couple minutes).
- Remove from heat once the dough forms into a ball.
- Cool on a clean baking sheet, kneading the dough as soon as it is cool enough to handle.
- Cool completely, and let your kids play away!
- (On occasion, I've mixed in a matching essential oil to enhance the fruity scent if I only have one package of a Kool-aid flavour on hand.) Store this Play Dough in a resealable plastic baggy or plastic container.
- It should last for a couple months, depending on how often your children play with it.