When I lived in Alberta, Canada, there was a lady who sold this play-dough at the local farmer's market. It smelled soooo good, that I decided to try making it myself.
- In a pot, combine water, oil, Kool-Aid, and salt.
- Heat and stir until salt dissolves.
- Add Flour and cream of tartar all at once to above.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until well mixed and dough forms a ball, (this should only take a couple minutes).
- Remove from heat once the dough forms into a ball.
- Cool on a clean baking sheet, kneading the dough as soon as it is cool enough to handle.
- Cool completely, and let your kids play away!
- (On occasion, I've mixed in a matching essential oil to enhance the fruity scent if I only have one package of a Kool-aid flavour on hand.) Store this Play Dough in a resealable plastic baggy or plastic container.
- It should last for a couple months, depending on how often your children play with it.
For sure my favorite Kool Aid Play Dough recipe. I love that it makes up quick, doesn't make a mess, and my kids looooooove playing with the end results. Plus, it costs next to nothing, and I get time to play with my kiddos. Thanks so much for posting this recipe!
great play dough!
This is the best playdough recipe ever!!! It's nice and soft. I cheated though and used off-brand kool-aid. I will definitely use kool-aid brand next time.(didn't smell as good) also, I didn't cook it like it said. I just boiled the water and stirred it into the dry ingredients. Oh, and the first batch I made was a tad sticky, so on the next batch, I added an extra tsp. of oil. It was perfect!!5 tsp. of cream of tarter seemed like a lot, compared to some other playdough recipes, so I only did 1 tsp. Thanks for a great recipe!!