Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used to make this for my daughters when they were little. It's non-toxic and the gunk washes out easily. Adults have just as much fun, if not more.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 2 (4 g) packages unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Mix flour, salt, Kool-Aid until blended.
- Add oil to boiling water, mix with spoon until cool enough to knead.
- Continue kneading until color is blended.
- Store in air tight bag or container in the refrigerator.
I used this recipe for years when I taught pre-school, with one addition--add 4 teaspoons cream of tartar with the other dry ingredients. Excellent texture--better than store-bought and the kids love the smell from the kool-aid.
It was a yucky, cold, rainy day today and my three year old was driving me crazy. I pulled out this recipe and made it with her. This is so easy and my daughter had much more fun playing with this. Not to mention this smells sooo much better. My daughter already wants to make another batch. I need to keep this recope handy, it's a life saver. Thanks
What a lifesaver! My kids love to play with playdough but I can't stand the smell. This was fun to make and even made the house smell good. Thanks so much!!!