Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe out of today's newspaper. It looked interesting! In the article, it said they have a sweet/sour taste. I'm going to prepare them tonight!!!
- 1 (46 ounce) jarwhole dill pickles
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 (1 ounce) packetskool-aid unsweetened cherry drink mix
- Drain and discard the juice from the pickle jar. Remove the pickles from the jar and cut each one in half lengthwise. Return the pickles to the jar and set aside.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the sugar, water and Kool-Aid. Mix until the sugar has completely dissolved. Pour enough of the liquid into the pickle jar to cover the pickles. Discard any excess.
- Cover the jar and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
I'm sorry. I love pickles, so does my youngest DS. It tasted like cough syrup, with a really bad after taste. Yes, I let this sit several days in the fridge prior to sampling. This was one of those rare recipes at Zaar that I cannot tweak and cannot make again.
Please don't throw out the original dill juice, try soaking blanched green beans (I'm gonna try canned someday) overnight. We love these these beans thrown in a salad.