Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
A refreshing tea drink that my family enjoys. Adapted from splenda.com.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 regular-size tea bags (or 1 family size bag)
- 1 cup Splenda granular, no calorie artificial sweetener
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packetkool-aid lemon unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix (I use a packet of sugar free lemonade kool-aid)
- 4 cups cold water
- lemon slice (optional)
- Put tea bags in boiling water and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags.
- Put Splenda and kool-aid in a pitcher.
- Add tea mixture to pitcher.
- Stir until drink mix is dissolved.
- Stir in cold water.
- Serve over ice cubes and lemon slices if desired.
I'm in shock and awe! So good I'm like an evil scientist scheming and planning as I type about the flavors that I intend to concoct...raspberry-lemonade, tangerine-berry punch, lemon-lime...the possibilites of flavorings are endless. Made for PRMR.
I grew up making this tea during the summers for my Dad, he would work outside and liked his ice tea. I experimented one time by adding a package of Kool-Aid Lemonade Drink Mix to his pitcher of tea and it became his favorite. Actually, the entire family like this tea. Thanks for posting and bringing back those summers of drinking Lemonade Iced Tea.
Great refreshing drink! It's been unseasonably warm the past few days and this tangy tea really hit the spot. I used Crystal Light lemonade mix so I didn't need to add the splenda. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012