A quick jelly recipe with many flavors, how about Watermelon Kiwi or Arctic Green Apple, Black Cherry, yum, to name a few. You can also make an ice cream topping or syrup. Some Kool Aid flavors will not gel as quickly as others, I don't know why, this is a recent discovery. Use recipe Liquid Cement #151544 to get it to gel if it is still syrupy. I personally think there is some new ingredient in some of the flavors.I use dry pectin and unflavored gelatin. I have never had a problem but I live in a dry cold climate, maybe that effects the gelling.
- In large stockpot add Kool Aid and cold water.
- Stir in pectin and unflavored gelatin.
- Let set five minutes until softened. Then stir and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and margarine. Bring to a rolling boil for 2 minutes.
- Take off the burner, skim.
- Note:The margarine cuts down the foam.
- Pour into sterile hot jars.
- Wipe rims and adjust the seal and bands tightly.
- Process in a hot water bath in your canner for five minutes. Make sure the water covers the lids.
- Remove the jars, turn upside down on a rack or cotton towels on the counter.
- Do not move the jars until cool.
- This makes 12 8 ounce jars of jelly.
- I add the Knox unflavored gelatin because my husband likes a firm jelly.
- I am sure you will be "hooked" with the flavors you can make and the cost is about 45 cents per jar.
- Some flavors take longer to gel than others.
- but there is a recipe that works to set or gell the jelly in the description of recipe.
I just found this recipe
My kids love this! Yesterday we made our third batch. So far we have tried black cherry, loved it!, strawberry lemonaide (it was okay), and mixed berry. First two batches were half batches and I could not figure out why it did not set. READ YOUR BOXES of pectin!!! Sure-jel only comes in 1.75 oz packages here!!! I did not realize that! Anyway added extra pectin and made the full batch this time and it set beautifully. Now enjoying a peanutbutter and mixed berry kool aid jelly sandwich :D
I made this 2 years ago...totally didn't realize on this site, that I could rate it....spacecadet. Anyway. I made this with several different flavors and had total success. I even used the invsible Kool-aid and mailed it to my nephews that year for Christmas...and at that time Kool-aid had 2 flavors and not it's down to one...They totally loved it. My kids too. It was rather easy to follow. Thanks again. It's a keeper!!