1/1 Photo of Kool-Aid Jelly (Many Flavors) (For Jelly Queen)
Montana Heart Song's Note:
A quick jelly recipe with many flavors, how about Watermelon Kiwi or Arctic Green Apple, Black Cherry, yum, to name a few. You can also make an ice cream topping or syrup. Some Kool Aid flavors will not gel as quickly as others, I don't know why, this is a recent discovery. Use recipe Liquid Cement #151544 to get it to gel if it is still syrupy. I personally think there is some new ingredient in some of the flavors.I use dry pectin and unflavored gelatin. I have never had a problem but I live in a dry cold climate, maybe that effects the gelling.
My Private Note
8 oz. j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large stockpot add Kool Aid and cold water.
- 2Stir in pectin and unflavored gelatin.
- 3Let set five minutes until softened. Then stir and bring to a boil.
- 4Add sugar and margarine. Bring to a rolling boil for 2 minutes.
- 5Take off the burner, skim.
- 6Note:The margarine cuts down the foam.
- 7Pour into sterile hot jars.
- 8Wipe rims and adjust the seal and bands tightly.
- 9Process in a hot water bath in your canner for five minutes. Make sure the water covers the lids.
- 10Remove the jars, turn upside down on a rack or cotton towels on the counter.
- 11Do not move the jars until cool.
- 12This makes 12 8 ounce jars of jelly.
- 13I add the Knox unflavored gelatin because my husband likes a firm jelly.
- 14I am sure you will be "hooked" with the flavors you can make and the cost is about 45 cents per jar.
- 15Some flavors take longer to gel than others.
- 16but there is a recipe that works to set or gell the jelly in the description of recipe.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kool-Aid Jelly (Many Flavors) (For Jelly Queen)
Serving Size: 1 (2995 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 99.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g