Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great way to create new jelly flavors.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package Kool-Aid, any flavor (no sugar added*)
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) packagesure-jell pectin (*)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups water
- Mix water, Sure-Jell and Kool-Aid together.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar.
- Stir and bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly skim off foam with a large metal spoon.
- Pour into jelly glasses and seal.
- If you want to try to make it sugar free I think it would work, just make sure to get the sugar free pectin (sure gel) otherwise it will not set. If I try it anytime soon, I will post and let you know how it turns out.
Made as directed and it set up nicely. It has a consistency similar to Jell-o, but spreads nicely on bread. I used Watermelon Kiwi Kool-Aid and added 2 drops of green food color. The color in the jar is nice but it was almost clear when spread. The green photo shows the color. I got 4 half pint jars instead of 4 pint jars. I processed in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Thanks for sharing.
This was sooooooo easy. I have never made jelly before and decided to try this. I bought Mango flavored Kool-aid and 1 mango. I smashed the mango up and cooked it with the water, sure-jell, and kool-aid. I did cut the water back by 1/2 cup since the mango is so juicy. It turned out perfect!! Husband want me to try this with peach next.
What a great recipe. My 17 year old son didn't like jelly when he was little and we found some watermelon jelly that he would eat. As a treat for Christmas, I decided to make some Watermelon Cherry Jell-O since I found this recipe here. It came out great and kind of tastes like a Jolly Rancher Candy. I know he will love it for Christmas. I never canned anything before. I did the 5 minute hot bath and it worked great. This was a good recipe for me to get my feet "wet" doing some canning. I think I might make one of those Kool-Aids that is clear but has flavor.