Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious recipe is quick and easy! Grew up on these. Thanks, mom!
- 6 g unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix
- 85.04 g box Jello gelatin
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 473.18 ml cold water
- In a 2-quart glass measure (or a large bowl), combine the Kool-Aid, Jello powder and sugar.
- Add hot water and stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze. (Alternately, you can use Dixie cups or similar, and place popsicle sticks into them when they are partially frozen.).
This is a great mixture that makes a softer textured popsicle that kids love; solid but not rock-hard. I like them for a low-carb treat - using the sugar-free versions of the drink mix and gelatin and no added sweetener. I reduce the water to a total of three cups (just 1 cup of boiling water, then 2 cups of ice water). Thanks for posting this recipe!
Loved these as a kid. We used a full cup of sugar in ours. I've made many different flavors - grape is best!
These are awesome!!! My mother use to make these for me when I was a little boy when I was siuck and 40yrs later they taste even better than when I was I little boy. These are so easy and taste great that no doubt a 5 star rating from me!!! They are pretty sweet so you might want to watch out but I used the sugar free ones and that helped a little.