Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted by request, recipe courtesy Mrs. Soheila Amiri.
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon white flour
- 1 tablespoon red currants
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh chives or 1⁄2 cup scallion
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons dried coriander
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill weed or 1⁄4 cup dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried fenugreek seeds
- Soak the currants in cold water for 15 minutes before cooking.
- Drain before adding them in.
- In a bowl add the eggs, 1/2 of the cooking oil and all other ingredients, with the exception of fresh and dried vegetables.
- Beat it with a fork until the ingredients have been mixed well.
- Add the vegetables, and stir the mixture until the vegetables have blended in (do not beat it any longer due to the delicate nature of fresh vegetables).
- Put the oven setting to bake at 250 degrees (F).
- Pour the remainder of the cooking oil in an oven safe dish.
- Pour the vegetable mixture in the dish.
- Bake at this setting for about 40-45 minutes.
- You may cover the dish with aluminum foil at the beginning to prevent over-drying of the top crust.
- Remove the foil half way during the baking process.
- Cut in square pieces before serving.