1 hr 5 mins
Posted by request, recipe courtesy Mrs. Soheila Amiri.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon white flour
- 1 tablespoon red currants
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cooking oil or 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives or 1/2 cup scallion
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons dried coriander
- 1/4 cup fresh dill weed or 1/4 cup dried dill weed
- 1/2 tablespoon dried fenugreek seeds
- 1Soak the currants in cold water for 15 minutes before cooking.
- 2Drain before adding them in.
- 3In a bowl add the eggs, 1/2 of the cooking oil and all other ingredients, with the exception of fresh and dried vegetables.
- 4Beat it with a fork until the ingredients have been mixed well.
- 5Add the vegetables, and stir the mixture until the vegetables have blended in (do not beat it any longer due to the delicate nature of fresh vegetables).
- 6Put the oven setting to bake at 250 degrees (F).
- 7Pour the remainder of the cooking oil in an oven safe dish.
- 8Pour the vegetable mixture in the dish.
- 9Bake at this setting for about 40-45 minutes.
- 10You may cover the dish with aluminum foil at the beginning to prevent over-drying of the top crust.
- 11Remove the foil half way during the baking process.
- 12Cut in square pieces before serving.
Nutritional Facts for Kookoo Sabzi
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.8
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 564.0 mg
- Sodium 992.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 21.1 g