My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb veal
- 1 1/2 cups rice, raw,well rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, dried
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, chopped fine in a processor
- 1 cup leek, fine chopped
- 1/2 cup dill, fresh
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1Mix all the meatball ingredients together and roll into balls, 2-1/2 inches in diameter, firmly packed.
- 2Refrigerate them for 1 hour.
- 3To make the broth, heat the oil in a pan or soup kettle, add the onions and turmeric, and stir-fry over moderate heat until light brown, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the tomatoes and salt and stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
- 5Add the water and bring to a boil.
- 6Moisten your hands with cold water.
- 7Take each herbed ball and roll it firmly; add the balls to the broth very carefully, one at a time, so that they do not not fall apart.
- 8The water should just cover the balls.
- 9Cover the pan and cook over moderately low heat, without stirring, for 45 minutes.
- 10Add the green peas and cook for 10 minutes more.
- 11The broth will reduce somewhat, the balls swell considerably due to the expansion of the rice.
- 12Serve warm-- with the meatballs in the broth.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Koofteh Tabrizi (herbed Meat & Rice Balls)
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 420.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: