Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Black yam cake has a similar texture to beanpaste and consists of more than 90% water. Made from konnyaku yams, it helps cleanse the digestive system. Yam cake is valued more for its texture than flavour and is used in various dishes. PLEASE NOTE A KONNYAKU BLOCK IS NEEDED NOT POWDER. THE ZAAR SYSTEM WILL ONLY ALLOW ME THE POWDER. This is a common way of serving the cake. It is highly valued for its lack of fat, sugar and its ability to fill you up without huge amounts of calories. Cooking time includes marinating.
- 1 (270 g) package konnyaku powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mirin
Directions See How It's Made
- Put Konnyaku in boiling water and boil for 3 minutes.
- Cut slightly both sides of Konnyaku to make lattice-sharped lines. The width between lines is about 1 cm.
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, mirin and sliced garlic in a dish. Dip the KONNYAKU for 20 minutes. Turn them over and leave another 20 minutes.
- Stir-fry sliced garlic lightly with butter in a frying pan. Then put in the KONNYAKU and fry both sides.
- Season if desired and serve topped with parsley.