- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, peeled and chopped
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 serrano chili, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a heavy bottomed sauté pan to a smoking point and reduce heat from high to medium. Add butter to the pan and after 30 seconds quickly add mustard seeds, chopped garlic, ginger, curry leaf, Serrano chilies and onions.
- Stir for two minutes by increasing to high heat. Add the jumbo lump crab, salt and pepper and cook for one minute.
- Now add the coconut milk and reduce it by further cooking five minutes, scraping all the sides and bottom.
- Mix in lemon juice, stir and serve hot.