1/1 Photo of Konijn Met Bier (Belgian style rabbit)
2 hrs 15 mins
Taylor in Belgium's Note:
Always a favorite way to serve rabbit in Belgium, using the popular Kriek or cherry beer. Also served with french/belgian fries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cut up rabbit
- 1 small amout fat, to fry rabbit in
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, cubed in small blocks
- 1 apple, cubed in small blocks
- 3 sliced smoked bacon, finely diced
- 1 bottle dark beer or 1 bottle cherry/kriek beer or 1 glass madeira wine
- bay leaf
- 1 slice bread, large
- 1Brown the rabbit pieces in the fat.
- 2Sprinkle a little sugar over all and add all ingredients except the bread and mustard.
- 3Cover with lid and let simmer until rabbit is tender.
- 4Spread mustard on slice of bread.
- 5Take rabbit pieces from sauce and lay bread slice in sauce and stir until sauce is thickened.
- 6Serve with fries and applesauce.
Browse Our Top Rabbit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Konijn Met Bier (Belgian style rabbit)
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.3
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 131.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: