Recipe by Bec
From a little Norwegian Recipe book of mine. Serve as a main dish soup in individual bowls, sprinkled with parsley. Makes about 6 servings.
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, pared and diced
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 5 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 ounces frozen peas (1/2 of a 10 ounce package)
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- About 1 hour before serving: In large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter. In it, saute onion and carrots until golden brown.
- Add flour, cayenne pepper and bouillon cubes. Add 5 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make meatballs combining meat, 1/4 cup snipped parsley, seasoned salt, bread crumbs and egg. Form into about 25 balls.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. In it, saute meatballs until brown on all sides.
- Add to soup together with frozen peas and sherry and simmer 5 minutes.